Friday 17 January 2014

Sale Sale Sale!

I've finally got round to getting the sale on! Oh me oh my it's taken a day and a half of full on work (but it does mean I've finally got the new shades of Opium on the shelf instead of strewn around the floor...). 


A quick run through then, from the top:

Supa Dupa Chunky - £5.00 down from £8.00:

We're going to get this in again later this year but we sold a grand total of four balls over last summer so as far as I'm concerned it's shelf space I don't need to take up. Yeah? Lovely though!

Patons 100% Cotton DK - £3.50 down from £4.50:

I'm pretty sad about this but I only got it because I fell in love with the colours after the I got the Patons Cotton 4ply in but it's not sold as well as it might have and I've found an alternative that I am head over heels for so as soon as this is gone we'll give the next one a try!

King Cole Smooth DK - £2.00/£2.50 down from £3.30/£3.60:

Another one I am saaaaaaaaad to see go because we've had it in since more or less the beginning. Thing is, it's a bloody nightmare on the shelf - it's so soft and drapy that it just falls apart on a ball and it looks a mess which means it doesn't sell that well. People that try it love it and come back for more but it's hard to sell a ball that looks like a big lumpy mess. It was a good alternative for the Bamboo Cotton though. It's probably sold a little less as a baby yarn since we got the Comfort in though. Oh it's hard being a businesswoman when you love all of your yarn. :(

Cygnet Merino DK - £1.50 down from £2.50:

This is the killer for me (I've bought myself another 11 balls to do something with). This yarn is the entire reason that we stock Cygnet in the first place after I fell in love with it after knitting an indestructible hat. But, alas and alack it's time has come and I'm replacing it asap with something that I think is just as good but I need to get this sold so get to it!

And finally:

We have the plain colours in the Fab DK. Some of them I never got round to putting on the internet so I've taken them off there and they're just in the shop but they're down from £2.00 to £1.00 so it's a bargain. I got the yarn because I thought it was different to the Pricewise DK - it handles much thicker and sturdier so it's good for toys but I don't think that translated well in the shop and I don't have the space to get the full range if I'm planning to keep the Pricewise (and I am < 3). We're keeping the funny colours though because they sell well all year round - hubba hubba.

So that's that - come and spend please because I want space and money to buy all the good new stuff.

Love Eleanor. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment