Tuesday 14 June 2011

Busy and sunny and happy and drunk and creative!

On Saturday I got off the bus, in a mega rush because I was late as usual, and what did I see before my very eyes but a young woman knitting in public. Naturally I rushed over and started spouting about how exciting it was to see someone knitting in public and how it was knit in public day and did she know and did she want to come for a booze later, what was she knitting, where did she buy her yarn from and did she know about Knit Nottingham?! Bless her little heart she looked quite stunned but to her credit she didn't run away screaming. She didn't end up coming because she had to work but if she ever reads this blog, then I am sorry for scaring you when you were innocently knitting at the bus stop.

It was a brilliant start to knit in public day along with the fact that it was such a sunny day and we were mega busy in the shop. You'll know that we arranged the Yarn Crawl, which has gone down brilliantly but the main event was the boozy get together in the evening at the Bell Inn. It was great to see so many lovely folk come together for a knit/crochet/spin and booze session, hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment