Sunday 12 June 2011

Knit2gether Lincs

Hi, 

With all the recent chat about yarn bombing on the facebook page at the moment, I thought I would explain where I was last Saturday.  Knit2gether Lincs is a collaborative knitting project which captures the inclusivity and celebration of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games and last weekend they held a Keep Calm and Carry Yarn event at The Hub in Sleaford.


My creation


They are aiming to knit a running track and are holding knitting events around the Lincoln area. For myself, it was an opportunity to see some yarn bombing in action as well as sit and spin with friends. I even got to mend a spinning wheel for a young couple, amazing what can be done with a bit of tape ( wheel now works and it should hold ok until properly repaired)

Also, a quick update on the spindle spun singles.......The Calais shawl is finished!!!

spindle spun calais shawl
I love the way the colours and the fibres change from white Merino round the neck area through to Falkland and finally Shetland for the bind off. I still have the shawl knitting bug though :-) sorry Eleanor but I think it will be a while before I knit a cardi!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment