Saturday 17 September 2011

I made it to the party!

You may have seen on the shop newsletter that I was able to attend the shops first Birthday party due to the bike breaking down and this resulted in what I think is the first ever photo of Eleanor, Liese and myself all in the same place at the same time!! See, even I don't have a copy of it!!

Well, we did make it to France on the Sunday morning only for the on board computer to go belly up after 200 miles. We left France on the 11pm ferry from Caen om the Sunday evening, eventually getting home early Monday evening after having the bike and ourselves recovered to the bike dealers in Lincoln.

After two ferries, 200 miles, four breakdown trailers and a train journey in 36 hours we were knackered!!



We eventually recovered enough to have a week in Cornwall, took my spinning wheel and my knitting. This time Spring Thaw shawl in hand spun merino/silk spun to a sort of DKish weight....feels amazing  :-)


I hope you all enjoyed the rest of the day and have chance to look at the beautiful drop spindle now available in the on-line shop, I'm thinking that I may have to post more about spinning next :-)

TTFN ...Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment