Thursday 10 May 2012

the other side of me

the other side of me is still a tomboy, you may have gathered by now that I have a deep love of motorbikes....well its not just bikes, its mechanical things in general. So, I thought I would share my Easter Saturday with you.
Hubby and I set off for Quorn, Near Loughborough, allowing plenty of time for a normal journey but not nearly enough for the one which included the main road being shut! So we meandered round the villages, got lost, found the map and eventually pulled into the station car park for the steam weekend where the Nottingham Ukulele Orchestra were playing.
Yes, we have these wee beasts living with us as my hubby is now playing with the Orchestra.

It started to drizzle as we got out of the car

steam at easter

steam at easter
which added to the atmosphere nicely
meanwhile the orchestra tuned up as I headed out to the station platform in search of some heat!! and some colour to brighten up the grey day




steam at eastersteam at easter          

















I have always loved the sound and smell of steam and had a wonderful day out...even did a bit of spinning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment