Saturday 30 March 2013

A Question About Tax.



There's a lot of talk about the 'hive mind' on Rav. It makes me feel a bit sick seeing as I have a phobia of bees and wasps. Ugh. Maybe I'll explain one day. So maybe the Knit Nottingham hive mind can answer a question I have - is a manicure an allowable expense for tax purposes?

Let me tell you why I ask. I'M BEING PAID TO TEACH SOME LESSONS ON THE INTERNET! YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It's for a brand spanking new company called skillmeonline.com run by a lovely bloke called Oli. It's going to be a series of online workshops, professionally filmed and taught by skilled artisans. There will be a magic course, a bakery course and now a knitting and crochet course!!!! (More too but I can't remember them...).

We took ages to decide what we were going to do and we've plumped on a blanket each for the crochet and knitting and then a dress for the crochet and a cardi for the knitting. So now I just have to make the things and write some lessons! I got a bloody lot done last night at Verity's.


All different stitches starting from very easy to really quite difficult, sewn together and edged in some spectacular way. I'm dead chuffed so far! 

But, once all of that is done, I'm deffo going to have a manicure because my nails are terrible and this weather is drying my hands out so they look like little prunes. It'll be my first one and I'm dead excited!!!!! But can I claim it on expenses?!?!?

Right - off to finish the blanket.

Love Eleanor.

P.s. I reckon I'm most excited about this because I'm actually being paid a fair wage!

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the excitement! Well done - on all counts. Looking forward to seeing the stuff! Nearly rainbow too!

    ReplyDelete